Friday, September 26, 2008

Apple MacBook versus Windows XP PC

I’ve used Macs on and off throughout my career but have always preferred PC because of the inherent openness of the PC as a tool. The PC allows you to DO ANYTHING whereas the Mac allows you to do only that which APPLE think you should be allowed to do..no questions and no exceptions otherwise its a hack or breach of contract!!!
So PC’s it was until recently when I went out to buy a new laptop to replace my existing one which was getting a bit old. A friend of mine was a complete Apple fanatic and I blame him totally for what happened next (yeah you know who you are!!) ...

Yes I got a MacBook. White, Shiny, Apple logo, the works!!! For the first month I cursed my friend daily (sorry mate) but I’ll tell you something that I wasn’t expecting to ever say. Good Job Jobs!!!

I completely redesigned some of the websites I work with using the Mac and I have to say that after the initial learning curve, it was just as easy as on the PC. You can take a look at one of them at www.PristinePakistan.com

There are still things on the Mac I hate but for each of those, theres something I love on the Macbook. So cheers Kam !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOLD YOU SO LOL, hehehe. Thanks for the lovely comments Mr Mood. Trust me you will never go back, and now all you need is a iPhone now ;-)